This Black Widow is all treat, no tricks.
Made by Suzanne and Evan
A hit song, a blockbuster movie, and now a delicious drink. I mean, a black widow is also a scary breed of spider, and this drink can be just as darkly dangerous…if you don’t pace yourself!
This spirit forward drink has a rich luscious flavor coming from the combination of coffee and blackberry liqueurs in addition to vodka. Adding a festive orange rim adds a fun Halloween flair.
For a lighter spin on this cocktail, add a bit of soda water at the end to your liking.
If you love this cocktail, check out all three of our Hocus Pocus inspired Halloween cocktails or our full Craft Cocktail Making playlist on YouTube.
Let’s Get Stirrin’
Special Tools: Cocktail shaker, small plate with rim
1 oz. Vodka
1 ½ oz creme de cassis or blackberry liqueur
½ oz. coffee liqueur
Colored rimming sugar
Lemon or Lime
- Pour the rimming sugar onto a plate with a rim.
- Dampen the rim and side of your martini or coupe glass with citrus of choice
- Roll the outside edge of the glass in the sugar to coat.
- Add all the other ingredients to mixing glass, then add ice.
- Stir vigorously for 15-20 seconds, until outside is cold and frosty.
- Strain in waiting rimmed glass and enjoy your Black Widow!
Cocktail flavor profile
Let me know what you discover, or if you would have rated it differently in the comments below…