Introducing Virtual Tasting Experiences Featuring Craft Makers Like You
Engage with Consumers
Our unique Virtual Tasting Experiences provide featured makers an opportunity to reach and engage with consumers more frequently and in a more intimate, meaningful, and loyalty-driving manner.
Evan and Suzanne will be your virtual brand ambassadors, telling guest why THEY love your brand in addition to you sharing your story yourself. They also ensuring all guests and makers are entertained & engaged, by handling logistics and hosting.
Reach A Broader Audience
- Access to an audience* of over 100k culinary & drinks enthusiasts (76k via email, 30k via social)
- The existing audience of other makers featured during that event
- Your existing audience via mailing list and social media
*Combined audience of The Crafty Cask and our partners at The Center for Culinary Culture, The Cocktail Collective & Max Napa Tours
Drive Online Sales
With an online sales portal linked to your online retail shop and dedicated promotions by The Crafty Cask, The Center for Culinary Culture, The Cocktail Collective and the featured makers brands our virtual tasting experiences are consistently driving pre and post event sales for our featured makers.
- Average of 78 clicks to buy
- Average of 10 bottles sold per event (with multiple events selling over 3 cases)
“We’re going back to an older time, like when I first started in 1992, where we’re educating people and allowing those people to create relationships. That’s truly what you guys are doing with what you put out tonight (our Virtual Tasting Experience). You guys are doing the greatest thing you could do right now...we’re learning in a new environment how we control our message. And our message is supposed to be about our fans. Keep educating people. Help me send the message about what we do, and who we are, and why we’re special. You guys are doing a great thing…thank you.”
A Variety Of Options For Every Brand Goal & Budget
Ready to Get Your Brand Featured?
Here’s what you need to do…once the first 4 are completed we’ll get your calendar date locked down and start promoting (at least 3 weeks in advance)!
- Pick your ideal event type from the options above and complete this form to provide all necessary information.
- Ship us samples so we can try it first, and then if we move forward, drink it live.
- Send us visuals to use during the event, send us any promo code for discount/shipping.
- Submit your tax-deductible contribution based on the event type chosen (see below).
- Share the event with your audience via a minimum of 1 dedicated email to your mailing list and a minimum of 6 social media posts over the course of 3 weeks (required). We will provide our email and social media templates so you can quickly and easily rip and reapply to save you time.
Your Hosts & Virtual Brand Ambassadors:
Founder of The Crafty Cask & the 10-course online Craft Alcohol Marketing Bootcamp
Passionate about all things craft alcohol, supporting the success of craft alcohol makers is her founding mission behind The Crafty Cask. Experienced in consumer marketing, video production, Meet the Maker events, and more. Suzanne will bring your brand and story to life in a way that makes it hard to resist! Getting you the consumer support you need during this unprecedented time and beyond.
Certified Sommelier, WSET 3, Certified Cider Professional & Bespoke Wine Tour Guide for Max Napa Tours
Having spent 9 years bringing craft alcohol enthusiasts to wineries, distilleries, cider houses, and breweries Evan has a deep appreciation for the craft maker community. He understands what it takes to bring a craft alcohol tasting to life in a way that is engaging and accesible to enthusiasts of all levels and will bring that passion and expertise to all of our virtual tasting experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What does it cost?
- Meet the Maker: $1,200 contribution, focused on one brand only and featuring a greater portfolio of products with the following sub-series options to celebrate diversity in craft alcohol:
- Women of Craft Alcohol – female owned or made
- Diversity in Craft Alcohol, owned by or made by people of diverse heritages and backgrounds.
- Touring the Cocktail, additional $300 contribution, mixology seminars led by The Cocktail Collection and The Crafty Cask. Maker attendance encouraged, but not required for this offering.
- Shared & Themed Meet the Maker: $650 contribution, focused on two to three selections from each brands’ portfolio, centered around a theme, craft alcohol category or style. Essentially a shared meet the maker to ensure those of you with budget constraints can benefit from this opportunity. Each brand will get 20-25 minutes of dedicated time (plus the ability to chime in further throughout the event) to share their story and tasting notes alongside their hosts.
- Mini Meet the Maker: $475 & Mini Shared/Themed Meet the Maker: $250, minimum of 2 featured makers. Same as our events described above, just without access to the Center for Culinary Culture/Cocktail Collection’s event & brand promotions to their audience of 75k via email and 10k via social media.
What kind of results can I expect?
While we can’t guarantee results since there are too many variables out of our control here are some stats to consider.
- Season 2 brand building email reach of 75k culinary & drinks enthusiasts (only 1k season 1)
- Season 2 brand building social media reach of 25k culinary & drinks enthusiasts (only 15k season 1)
- Season 1 average watch/engagement time of 72 minutes
- Season 1 average guest size of 25 people
- Season 1 average of 78 clicks to buy
- Season 1 average of 10 bottles per event (with 2 events selling over 3 cases)
Additional benefits are:
- Leverage a 3rd party to spread the word about your brand in a non-salesy or self-promotional way
- Engage your existing consumers & acquire new mailing list members
- Take one thing off your list so you can focus on other priorities
- Test and learn virtual tasting experiences
Season 1 was promoted to a much smaller audience than season 2 will be with the addition of our partnerships with The Center for Culinary Culture & The Cocktail Collection (who will be promoting and co-hosting all events with us).
Can we provide an incentive to purchase?
Yes, and in fact we strongly recommend it. It can be as simple as extending your club pricing or a special discount or free shipping. We also suggest creating a Crafty Cask Virtual Tasting Set on your order page to make it easy for guests to confidently buy the exact products we’re featuring with minimal thought or effort.
We also provide incentive to purchase by charging an event ticket fee to those guests who do not buy at least one bottle through our registration page (linked directly to your online sales page for fulfillment)
Will these continue after the COVID-19 crisis?
Definitely! There is big, on-going opportunity for virtual tastings and this should definitely be a permanent tool in your marketing toolbox. They help makers reach more consumers more often, minimize the effects of seasonality and rising travel costs, and drive incremental online sales.
While also helping consumers get exposure to amazing craft alcohol in a more economical, effortless way, from the comfort of their home with the added benefit (over in-person visits) of guaranteed access to the actual maker.
Can you host a private virtual tasting just for my audience?
Of course! This is a great way to engage your existing audience and get them to crack into that recent club shipment faster or ask them to buy a special tasting pack to join in on the event.
We take care of all of the event details so all you have to do is show up and have fun. Keep in mind that your promotions will have to work extra hard to generate attendees since these are just for your existing audience.
Contact us directly if you would like to pursue this option.
Thank you for having us last night. It was a real good time and a great learning experience for me. I am in awe of your incredible organization and hard work to pull these off week after week. Kudos, you two!
It is really good exposure for small brands like me. And then the sales (over $1,700)! I’m going to suggest it to a couple friends of mine.
I recommend the Crafty Cask’s weekly virtual tastings online. Suzanne and Evan at the Crafty Cask launched this series of virtual tastings to support craft wine & spirits makers and small businesses from around the country. I’ve attended two of their virtual tastings so far, once as a consumer in a cider tasting and once as a presenter in a mezcal tasting.
I know firsthand how much prep work, time and energy Suzanne and Evan put into these virtual tastings. They are proactive, organized, reliable, data-driven, and attentive to details. All qualities that I appreciate, and make me feel that they’ve got my back.
Craft Beer Into Whiskey
You guys are crushing it. This was absolutely fantastic. You probably hear this every time you have one of these. This is absolutely amazing. I’m so glad we did this.
It’s good to see people who care, it’s good to see community. In a digital age in a world where we have so much connection, so much communication, local is plus or minus the circumference of the planet.
It’s fantastic to see people from disparate locations come together for this sort of a thing…and just having a good time. It makes craft not feel so local!